Faculty and Staff
Karyn L. Hamilton, Ph.D., R.D.
Co-Director, Translational Research on Aging and Chronic Disease Laboratory
205A Moby B Complex | (970) 491-3961 | Karyn.Hamilton@ColoState.edu
- 2002-2004, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- 2000-2002, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- 1996 M.S. Exercise Physiology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
- 1989 B.S. Nutrition, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
- The overall objective of the TRACD laboratory is to understand the role of stress resistance, proteostasis, and maintenance of mitochondrial protein turnover and function in the context of slowing aging and age-related chronic disease. To accomplish this objective, we use models of long life and increased healthspan including exercise, nutritional, pharmacological, genetic, epigenetic, and evolutionary models. We employ in vitro, in vivo animal models, and human subjects studies to help identify mechanisms and translate findings.